Why Use Cloth Diapers
It is estimated that it takes 500 years for one diaper to decompose in a landfill. And not only do they affect the earth as a landfill, some disposable diapers are made of harmful chemicals which emit toxic gasses and hazardous chemicals into the atmosphere.
Cloth Diapers versus Disposable Diapers
- Cloth diapers end up being cheaper than disposable diapers in the long run
- Cloth diapers tend to be gentler on baby’s skin as the wetness is more quickly observed by parents
- Babies that use cloth diapers tend to get potty trained earlier than babies that use disposable diapers
- Disposable diapers contain chemicals, dyes and gel can cause irritation to baby’s skin
- The gel used inside disposable diapers are toxic if exposed. It can cause harm to babies and pets if ingested.